Specialty gases applications

The Mexican oil giant PEMEX is focusing on CHP

Eleazar Gómez Zapata - General Director, PEMEX Cogeneración y Servicios

PEMEX Cogeneración y Servicios was set up in 2015 as a branch of PEMEX, the number one Mexican oil giant, with the aim of optimizing the production of oil within Mexico and reducing the production processes’ costs.
Currently, PEMEX Cogeneración y Servicios is developing four projects relative to the gas production from cactus and some refineries, which amount to about 2,500 MW, of which the company will use 20% and the remaining 80% will be sold on the market. In total the company plans on reaching a capacity of 6000 Mw with a CO2 reduction of about 15 million tonnes per year.

  • Publication date: 30/10/2015
  • Original language: Spanish
  • Origin: Mexico
  • Duration: 0:03:42